You can find your connector's panel drilling through below links:
MIL-DTL-38999 series III (TV-CTV) : catalogue TV-CTV (amphenol socapex) page 16
MIL-DTL-38999 series II (JT) : catalogue-jt.pdf (amphenol-socapex.com) page 14
MIL-DTL-38999 series I (LJT) : catalogue_ljt_he308.pdf (amphenol-socapex.com) page 14
RNJ : catalogue_rnj.pdf (amphenol-socapex.com) page 13
RNJLP : catalogue_rnj_lp.pdf (amphenol-socapex.com) page 15
PT/451 : catalogue_pt451.pdf (amphenol socapex) page 66
Jam nut tightening torque
For jam nut receptacles of series :
MIL-DTL-38999 series I and III (TV-CTV and LJT)
Jam nut tightening torque value will be as follows:
Shell sizes : RJFTV = 19 / USBFTV = 15 / TVµCOM = 11
- For 387TV series jam nut receptacles, apply torque values of shell size 9.
- For reduced flange versions (F311, F312, F058, F059) and other versions with castle nut, torque value is the same as standard ones.
- Apply the torque with recommended tool from the catalog.
For jam nut receptacles from series :
MIL-DTL-38999 series II
Tightening torque will be as follows:
Shell sizes PT/451 : RJF = 18
For 2M Micro Miniature series :
Important note :
We recommend a first tightening with above torque values, and then a second tightening after 24 hours for better vibration resistance.
In the case of your jam nut receptacles are subjected to high levels of vibration, certain solutions are available such as :
- Use of safety wire :
- Use of thread lock -> Risk that the connector won't be removable anymore
- For square flange receptacles, you should apply standard M3 tightening torque on the screws.