Amphenol Socapex signal and power contacts meet the most demanding standards in our market.
What are the standards contacts ?
AS39029 : American standards managed by SAE International (formerly Society of Automotive Engineers). The main standards used in Amphenol Socapex products are :
- AS39029 /56 /57 /58 : Standards defining the signal contacts for MIL-DTL-38999 standerd performance connectors.
- AS39029 /118 /119 : Standards defining signal contacts for MIL-DTL-38999 and motor applications.
- AS39029 /121 /122 : Standards defining signal contacts for MIL-DTL-38999 and performance aligned with MIL-DTL-38999.
EN3155 : European standards managed by ASD-STAN (Aerospace and Defense Industries Association of Europe - standardization). The main standards used in Amphenol Socapex products are :
- EN3155 -003 -008 -009 : Standards defining the signal contacts for EN3645 and EN4165 connectors.
- EN3155 -014 -015 : Standards defining the size 20 signal contacts for EN3545 connectors.
Are AS39029 and EN3155 contacts compatible ?
The contacts defined by the AS39029 and EN3155 standards are compatible according to the following table :
|AS39029||EN3155||Remarques - Commentaires|
|/56||-009||The performance of EN3155 standards is superior to AS39029 standards.|
|/121||-009||The performances of the EN3155 and AS39029 standards are similar.|
Is the marking are similar following the standards ?
AS39029 and EN3155 do not use the same reference for making.
The AS39029 standards uses a BIN (Basic Identification Number) system which is a basic identification number and is represented by the colored bands on the ends of the contacts. There are 3 colored bands.
The EN3155 standard defines a system of color identification bands.
In accordance with ISO 8843. The color bands are 2 or unique if the 2 colors are identical.
Are the crimp barrels are similar between the standards ?
The AS39029 and EN3155 standards define identical crimp barrels for "standard" configurations. The EN3155 standard introduces reduced or enlarged crimp barrels for certain contact sizes.
|AS39029||Mating end size||Wire barrel size||EN3155|